Follow by Email
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
5 Habits for a Happy and Healthy Lifestyle!
5 Lifestyle Habits of Healthy and Happy People… Do you follow these?!
–Most people do not realize or make an effort to do a little something for themselves to improve their health and quality of living…. It does not take much!
Do you have good genes in your family and eat whatever you want while doing little exercise?! Something a lot of people do not know is these people are some of the most unhealthy! High Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Body Fat are proven to be elevated amongst people who do not exercise on a regular basis. This leads to increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and a shorter lifespan.
If you have good “genes” or not… Here are 5 healthy practices you can incorporate into your daily routine to help live a long, healthy, and happy life!
1. Moderation- This is my “Formulation for Success” A healthy life style is achieved though moderation in all aspects of life! If you want the cheeseburger, EAT IT! And then be done with it.
HELPFUL TIPS: Take 1/2 the bun off and save over 30 carbs. Or most every place now offers lettuce wraps that you can stuff your liking! Think every situation/ food choice through and ask your self if it is worth it in the long run… You will thank yourself after.
2. Think Ahead- Yes, we are all very busy trying to take care of our families and ourselves!
HELPFUL TIPS: Plan your weekly meals on Sunday. Visit www.haleyyoung.blogspot.com for healthy meal ideas and quick on the go snacks.
Having a plan is key. If you are going out to eat look at the menu before. If you are going to a “set menu dinner/lunch/shower” eat something that satisfies you before you go so you are not starving. Choose light options and still enjoy your time with friends.
3. Travel with Healthy Snacks- If you are going to the ball park, to the beach, or will be out running errands, pack a snack! This is where a lot of people get in a bind and end up settling for an unhealthy option. Quick Ideas/Recipes on my blog.
4. Journal Your Food- Your diet contributes to over 1/2 of the way you look and feel. Keeping track of what you put in your body you will realize the small little changes you can make to see big results.
5. Live by YOUR core values in both professional and personal life- There are many temptations, but you know what makes you feel good, function with the most energy and be the best you can be. So DO IT! Don’t compare your self with others. Do what makes you succeed.
We are all busy and always on the go. But it is important to take care of YOU!! Do one thing and TRY IT! I am here for you if you have any questions, comments or need advice.
It’s time to refresh our gym wardrobes with sunny spring colors! I need a bright fun outfit to get me moving and excited for my workout. I definitely believe that a bold athletic outfit will push me harder and give me the confidence I absolutely need when I walk through those gym doors. I am currently getting my butt in gear for a major event that I will share with you next week! What do you wear to the gym during the spring?
I’m so excited to announce that I will be hosting a guest post from the wonderful Haley Young, founder of fit-workouts.com! Haley has been a huge help and coach for me as I continue my goal of eating healthier, being more active and more fit. Haley believes that everyone is different and is great at getting to know you and helping with your life fitness goals. She believes that fitness is one of the keys to a balanced and happy life. By practicing moderation in both diet and exercise Haley believes any women can achieve their goals, and I couldn’t agree more! Check out her recent post about on the go workouts and be sure to check out her blog for more great fitness advice!
Today she is sharing how to make better choices during vacation! With spring break right around the corner it’s easy to knock back a few cocktails by the pool without thinking about it, Hayley reminded that we can have our cocktail and be healthy! How great is that?
On-The-Go Workouts… And Healthy Choices!
While it may have taken a little longer than we would of liked, it does seem that Spring is finally here. That’s going to mean more travel to warm locales, the sun is up longer, so you may be going out in your city more often – basically everyone’s getting more active. And while you’re out being active, I want you staying FIT and healthy with workouts that won’t cramp your schedule, and with healthy meal choices that won’t cramp your style.
Remember, we’re enjoying life – but still making healthy choices!
Vacation is just that: a vacation where you can relax and try new things. And that includes meals! A sweet dessert may be in order, but just don’t BLOW it all out. Some tricks that I use – while still enjoying the experience:
1) When I go to a restaurant, I love to experience the culture of the food, just know that you can “customize” your entrees! Substitute a healthy side, or ask for your dressing on the side and apply less liberally. Depending on the dish, you could also ask for “no sauce” on your main course. (Sauces are a major source of unnecessary calories and fats.)
You will save SO many calories, and you can still enjoy your meal. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want!
2) On the traveling side, try to get a quick workout in as the first thing in the morning. I find that this best fits the schedule of the vacation, because once you start your ‘relaxation’ for the day (and other social activities…), it’s just too easy to blow off the workout later in the day. Need an idea for a quick travel workout? I have a whole list of them here. Check them out.
Research shows that just 10 minutes of physical activity per day can increase your metabolism and burn fat. If you have 10 minutes or 30 minutes, get up and get moving – your body will benefit!
(A big piece of healthy living success is not allowing unhealthy activities to become habit. Once in awhile is fine, just don’t slip on that slippery slope!)
Get out and enjoy Spring. Travel with those you care about and have fun. But still be conscious of your health and the choices you make. Living a healthy lifestyle and having fun are NOT exclusive!