Follow by Email
- May 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
Category Archives: travel
Last night Dino Boy and I went to a luau
And then something tragic happened……
I set my alarm for the first time in over a week
When that awful alarm went off this morning
I’m not ready for reality
I’m not ready for people that can’t navigate airports
I’m not ready for the weird people I always end up sitting next to
I’m not ready for a long flight with children
I’m not ready for the thought of work tomorrow
And waking up even earlier tomorrow
But I am ready to get home
Go through all our mail (It really is my favorite part of coming home!)
And having a glass of wine before real life begins
How is your Monday going?
This morning Dino Boy and I left on our second honeymoon to Maui!! We have taken long trips together before so luckily he has seen my crazy packing and hysterics! Here are my travel confessions:
1. I started putting together outfits for our trip two weeks ago.
2. I packed everything into luggage on Wednesday
3. I have already found a winery in Maui
4. I will make Dino Boy head to the airport three hours early only to complain about us sitting around for an hour
5. I will also make him get up 18 times so I can walk around and pee
6. I will buy a ton of magazines at the airport even though I will get them in the mail in a week. I’m not good about waiting!
I have always been a positive person. That is one thing I am very proud to be. As a child I was a little too positive. I failed a test and brought it to my mom excited about how beautiful the ink on my f was. I had the typical childlike wonder and innocence that just wants to be happy. Im on the train right now thinking about one of my favorite typical noelle is a positive girl stories. When we moved to california it was certainly a culture shock. Having schools outside, a low key lifestyle and amazing weather was not something I was used to but of course enjoyed. We lived in the suburbs and were always able to find something to do close by. One morning my mom took the wrong freeway entrance and realized we were headed to San Francisco. I was so excited, exclaiming “oh yes we are going to the big city!” I viewed a wrong turn as a new adventure.
I sometimes think we are to quick to turn around. Sometimes we need to head to the big city, explore new areas, try new things and go outside of our comfort zones. So tonight try something new, sign up for a class, try a new restaurant or watch a new show on Netflix. As for me I’m headed to date night in the BIG CITY with Dino Boy.
With the holidays just days away, I have started to pack up my carry on for the trek back to Boston. Here are some of my carry-on necessities:
1. A notebook- I always bring my iPad but when I’m cramped in a tiny seat sometimes it’s easier for me to just sit and write in a compact notebook. I also don’t like solely depending on my iPad for long flights, I conserve the battery for movies and such
2. Chargers- I always pack one set in my carry-on and one in my luggage.
3. Snacks- it’s hard to find gluten and dairy free snacks so I feel it’s my responsibility to keep treats in my bag so I don’t turn into hungry cranky pants.
4. Comfy headphones- I don’t know about you guys but during long flights, I just can’t stand ear buds. I absolutely love these!
5. Spare toiletries- I always carry Vaseline, lotion, and chapped stick. My skin gets so dry after a flight so these are essential for me.
6. A good book- I have the worst luck when it comes to plane rides so I always have multiple activities so when my trip goes from a 6-hour flight to a 14 I’m not running out of things to do! I also find it so helpful to have spiritual books on the flight so I’m refreshed and positive at my new place!
7. Pens, pencils, post it’s, highlighters- I’m Mary Poppins in this bag, I bring it all!
8. Business cards- you never know who you will sit next to!
9. Reading glasses, prescription glasses (sometimes my contacts dry out on flights) and cheap sunglasses that I use once I get out of the airport
10. Hair teaser- my dull plane hair is not a good look! I rub a little lotion in it and tease it and it’s good to go!
11. Wristlet- I put my ID, boarding pass, and some cash in this so I don’t have to keep fishing out my wallet
And then I throw it all in my classic Longchamp bag!