Follow by Email
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
Author Archives: Noelle
I don’t know about you, but I end up throwing away the salad half the time after dinner. People tend to eat their main meal and skip adding any salad to their dish. But it’s so healthy that it does need to be consumed alongside your main meal. After all, it’s giving you vital nutrients you need to stay healthy. Often, one of the top reasons why people leave the salad is due to it being boring. After all, it doesn’t have much flavor, and people prefer to eat their scrumptious dish instead. Therefore, to ensure the salad doesn’t get left on the table in future, here are some easy ways to give it some new life.
Chop up bread in the salad
Everyone loves to have some bread with their dinner. After all, it can make your dinner even tastier if you have a nice sauce. But rather than putting it on the dish, you might want to consider chopping up the bread in the salad. Cut it into fine bits which you can dot around the salad. Therefore, it will look a lot more delicious, and your family are more likely to add the salad to their dish. If you want to make it even tastier, you could even consider toasting the bread before adding it to the salad. It will give it a new flavor, and make it even more, crunchier when you are consuming the salad!
Add in some fruit and vegetables
While you might already have foods like tomato and peppers in your salad, it can still make it taste rather boring. Therefore, if you want to give it a new lease of life, you could consider adding in some fruit and vegetables. After all, adding carrots, sweet potato, and even mango will make it a lot tastier. And as long as you have a good set of kitchen knives, which is an interesting topic, you can ensure they are small enough pieces to make it the perfect salad. It can also make the salad even healthier if you do go for fruit and vegetables. Therefore, try different ones and see which ones go down well with your family.
Serve it as the main dish
Rather than having a salad as a side dish, you could consider serving a salad as a main meal. After all, you can add foods like meat or fish to ensure it becomes a tasty dinner. And it’s the perfect way to ensure your family has the healthy salad to get all the nutrients they need. In fact, a salad as a main dish would be perfect when summer arrives, and you want to eat lighter. Or you are opting to eat healthier meals as you are expecting a baby. Therefore, try it for dinner for your family to see if they will tuck in. Here are some delicious salad dishes that might take your fancy.
And remember to try a fun dressing to ensure your family tuck into the salad. A creamy classic dressing might be the key to getting your family to help themselves to the salad!
Pregnancy is one of the most incredible things that we can go through as women. It’s an experience that totally and completely changes you, both mentally and physically. Parts of pregnancy are hard – morning sickness, for instance, is far from enjoyable – but even so, every second of pain and discomfort will be worth it when you see your little one for the first time.
If there’s one thing that most moms-to-be worry most about, it’s having a healthy baby. Although we can’t control how healthy our babies are, we can ensure that throughout our pregnancy our little one is getting all of the right vitamins and nutrients, by eating lots of healthy, wholesome foods. Knowing what to eat when you’re pregnant can be a little stressful, especially when it’s your first pregnancy.
With that in mind, below are some tips, ideas, and pieces of advice for ensuring that when eating for two, you’re putting the right stuff into your body.
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it couldn’t be more true, especially when you’re pregnant. During pregnancy, you’re twice as likely to suffer from low blood sugar and dizziness caused by it, so eating three meals a day is a must, including a good sized breakfast.
Cereal makes an okay breakfast, but it’s not exactly filling, and most cereals are packed full of sugar and additives. Instead of eating cereal, opt to have porridge sweetened with honey, maple syrup or coconut syrup. Or, make a cooked breakfast of eggs, wholemeal toast, baked beans, and sausages and bacon – as well as anything else you fancy. All that matters is that your breakfast is healthy and filling.
Beat morning sickness by eating whatever you fancy
Despite the name, morning sickness can strike at any time, day or night. When it comes to beating morning sickness, the key is to work out whether you have any triggers. You see, some women have certain trigger foods, drinks or even smells, that can make them sick. By working out what your triggers are, you can make bouts of morning sickness less likely.
When you’re feeling sick, the chances are that you won’t want to eat anything. However, it’s important that you try and find a few things that you can eat and keep down. Otherwise, you and the baby won’t be getting enough nutrients. While it is important to eat as healthily as you can, if you’re feeling sick, just eat whatever you fancy. If there’s a food that makes you feel less sick, then eat it – whatever it may be.
Ensure you’re eating plenty of fiber
During pregnancy, eating lots of fiber is important. So aim to ensure that you’re eating at least two pieces of high-fiber bread or a bowl of high-fiber cereal each day. Otherwise, you could end up dealing with constipation and all of the side effects that go with it. As well as eating lots of high-fiber bread and cereals, eating lots of fruit and vegetables – both of which are high in fiber, is also important.
Get into the habit of cooking meals from scratch
If you don’t already cook from scratch, it’s a good idea to get into the habit of doing so. While buying ready meals and pre-made sauces for curries, stews, and pasta, is an easy way of cooking, it’s important to realize that ready-made foods aren’t good for you. Most pasta sauces that come in jars have over 12 teaspoons of sugar in them, for instance, and are also high in fat and empty calories.
By cooking your food from scratch, you can ensure that it’s healthy and has a high nutritional value. You can also make sure that there’s nothing in there that you’re not allowed to eat – when you’re pregnant there are some foods that it’s recommended that you avoid. If you’re going to cook from scratch, aim to use pans, such as pebble frying pans, that are enameled not coated in Teflon, as Teflon can come off in your food and isn’t good for you or your little one.
Make fresh fruit and raw veggies your go-to snacks
As you’re eating for two, the chances are that you are most probably feeling more hungry than normal, and that’s perfectly fine. However, if you want to ensure that your body stays healthy and that you don’t gain too much weight, you need to be careful of what you are snacking on in between meals.
While it’s fine to have the occasional treat, such as a piece of cake or a chocolate bar, it’s a good idea to make fresh fruit and vegetables your go-to snack foods. That way you can eat as much as you want to, without packing on the pounds. Yes, it’s natural to gain some weight, but what you don’t want to do is gain too much weight, putting your health and your baby’s health at risk.
So, there you have it, everything that you need to know about eating for two.
While many of us spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars every single year perfecting our wardrobes we often don’t pay the same courtesy to our jewelry. Successfully matching your accessories to outfits takes time, as well as a willingness not only to buy pieces that reflect current trends i.e. statement earrings, chain necklaces and Pandora charm bracelets but also owning classic must-have jewelry that’s fantastic for day-to-day wear and special occasions.
Diamonds may be the obvious choice here, after all, nothing says style and sophistication like a pair of teardrop earrings, solitaire ring or a sparkly diamond necklace. However, other gemstones such as rubies, emeralds, and sapphires are just as enchanting as well as being a little easier on your wallet. Gemstone jewelry’s very popular, birthstone necklace and bracelet sets are particularly pretty, but it’s also worth noting that not all gems are created equal. When buying precious gem jewelry always ask to see their certificate of authenticity as there’s a vast, thriving market for passing off colored cubic zirconia, or even pieces of glass as the real deal so if the price seems too good to be true then it’s probably fake.
No matter whether you’re wearing it to dinner, at a picnic with friends or to a gig every woman needs to have a go-to necklace. It’s suitable for almost any occasion; you know it goes with ninety percent of your outfits and elevating them from just ok to extra special as well as bringing the look together. Don’t just stick to single strand, or bar necklaces as layering one, or more necklace on top of each other really makes an outfit pop. Different beads and contrasting metals showcase your unique style, and brighten up even the plainest of outfits including jeans and t-shirt combos that can, on their own, look quite dull.
Perfect for work, networking or social events tennis bracelets are functional, linear and elegant as well as being a jewelry box staple every woman should own. Not only do they look just stunning by themselves, but it’ll also draw the eye to any designer watch, cocktail ring or bracelet cuff you may be wearing. A diamond tennis bracelet doesn’t really need anything beside it; because it’ll stand out and look amazing completely by itself. When wearing one, do remember to keep your arm free of too many accessories and vintage jewelry, so you don’t take the focus off of this classic, super stylish item.
What were once only seen in bridal sets is now common in fashion jewelry, and many stores sell stacking rings, either as pre-designed sets or as individual rings you have the freedom to mix and match. The best ring stacks are those that either complement or contrast thanks to different metals, sizes, and colors as well as adding extra sparkle to a casual, laidback look such as a butterfly tea dress, slouchy waterfall cardigan, and purple ankle boots. Ring stack collections are brilliant as over the years; you’ll find yourself changing up the order, and marking milestones like marriage, promotion and having a baby with new rings.
Every girl loves her accessories when it comes to dressing up. Going out for an evening requires a little class, a little style and a lot of sparkle. A shopping trip to prelude a night out with the girls is always necessary and before you go, think about the kind of night out you intend to have first. This will be your jumping off point as to what sort of accessories you’ll need to make your night out perfect while feeling confident in your own skin.
In anticipation of the next big night out, check out your wardrobe to see what you can reuse before you shop for more. With these ten key accessories, your Saturday night can be completed!
- If you’re a handbag fan but find them too bulky, you should look at getting a wristlet. It’s a little bag that hooks on your wrist and is totally ideal for big parties where there’s dancing or standing around. The colour choice is also broad, which will help when it comes to outfit coordination.
- Black kitten heels should be the next thing on your list. Not only are they chic, but they go with everything from skinny jeans to the best LBD. Swapping out trainers for a pair of these can make even the most casual outfit look polished.
- That little black dress should be perfect. Just above the knee, simple and sleeveless, you’ll find yourself in something timeless.
- Go for some statement jewelry to jazz up that LBD and choosing a statement ring over cuffs or sparkly bangles is the way to go. Splash on some argyle pink diamonds and you can make your dress look sexy and classic.
- A bold necklace in a bold colour can transform any blouse or dress. Adding some colour will make the whole ensemble pop and draw the eye to you.
- A girl deserves a little frosting so hunt down the perfect pair of dangly earrings. These will bring focus to your face and elongate it all at the same time, giving you a classy look.
- Have you seen those brightly coloured pashminas/wraps in the shops? Buy one. These are elegant and can just be thrown on and work for any budget.
- If you’re a fan of skirts and dresses but not a fan of your legs, go for a pair of beautiful stockings with crystal detail. These won’t just keep you warm, they’ll match your jewelry too.
- If you want to sparkle but not go over the top, try out a sequinned t-shirt. You’ll be able to look beautiful and feel confident with just a touch of elegance.
- Move over dresses, the pencil skirt is in town. If your standby colour is black, switch over to another, bolder colour to make your night on the town shine.
You don’t need a huge budget for your accessories, just good taste and a penchant for sniffing out good deals. You can be confident and beautiful on a night out without spending too much money!
The journey to becoming a mother for the first time is an exciting one. Of course, it can also be a somewhat stressful one. Your body is going through all these changes: your hormones are fluctuating like crazy, you have to adjust to a new body shape, and your skin and hair feel completely different. When you’re expecting, life changes significantly, which is why it’s important to take care of yourself with a little pampering.
By pampering yourself, you can help to make pregnancy (and all the changes that come with it), that little bit easier to deal with. Yes, being pregnant is exciting, but it’s also incredibly stressful. No one wants to see their body change into a different shape or their hair and skin change in a negative way, but that’s all part of being pregnant.
The good news is, however, a little pampering can help you to feel better about the changes that are happening to your body, as can treating yourself to a few new bits and bobs.
Treat yourself to new clothes
You might fit in your normal clothes right now, but soon enough you are no longer going to. Instead of trying to squeeze into your normal clothes, treat yourself to some new bits and bobs. Maternity clothing has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and can be just as fashionable as normal clothing. Plus, maternity clothing is designed to fit perfectly around your changing body, meaning that it should make you feel better about how you look. If the cost of a whole new wardrobe is too much, why not take out a small loan from somewhere like Swift Money? That way, you can get what you need to feel good and can pay back the money over a set time period in affordable installments.
Book a spa weekend
The first few months of pregnancy are always the hardest – any pregnancy book will tell you that, so don’t be afraid to treat yourself to a little pampering. Find a spa that offers pregnancy retreats and book yourself and your partner or yourself and a friend onto one of their retreats. Imagine spending the weekend having massages, relaxing in the swimming pool, and drinking lots of alcohol-free champagne – what could be better? When you’re feeling exhausted – another joyful part of pregnancy – a spa weekend is the answer.
A new haircut can make you feel amazing
A lot of women notice that pregnancy changes their hair in one way or another. If your pregnancy has left you with hair that seems out of the ordinary for you, don’t worry, once you’ve had your little one it will soon go back to normal. For now, however, why not get a new haircut? Ask your hairdresser what style they would suggest for your hair, to make it look and feel as good as it did before you became pregnant. It’s also worth investing in quality hair care products, to ensure that it stays healthy throughout your pregnancy.
When you’re pregnant, you need to look after yourself, both physically and mentally. You will be amazed at how much happier a little pampering can make you feel, so make sure to make time for yourself, to ensure that you are getting all the care that you need.
Happy Friday the 13th! Here are the most common superstitions and how they came about!
- Beginner’s Luck- This is normally muttered by a expert after the novice starts to win. Beginners might come out ahead in some cases because they are less stressed out about winning.
- Walking Under Ladders- There is a Christian belief that a ladder leaning against a wall forms a triangle (holy trinity) and breaking that triangle is blasphemous.
- Black Cats- It is believed that black cats are actually morphed witches.
- Breaking A Mirror- There are beliefs that mirrors hold parts of your soul if a mirror breaks part of your soul will be trapped.
- 666-In the Book of Revelation 666 is given as the number of the “beast” and is a sign of the end of times.
- Knocking On Wood- It is thought that by knocking on wood is used after a positive statement and that you’re tempting fate by acknowledging your good fortune.
- When You Wish Upon A Star- The Greeks believed that the stars were falling human souls, and it was lucky to make a wish on them.
- Umbrellas Inside- A theory states that an umbrella protects you against the storms of life. Opening one inside your house insults the guardian spirits of your home (whom also protects you from the storms of life), causing them to leave you unprotected.
- Four Leaf Clovers- Four leaf clovers for centuries have meant good luck and fortune. It can also be luck for finding your soul mate. It is also believed that if you find one and are single you should eat it. Once you eat it the luck powers will activate and the first single person you come in contact with will be your future mate.
- Making A Wish On A Wishbone- It is thought that the first-century Romans used to fight over dried wishbones. They believed were good luck and would accidentally break them with the idea that whoever has the largest bit of bone gets their wish.
- Crossing Your Fingers- The story goes that two people used to cross index fingers when making a wish. This was used as a symbol of support from a friend to the person making the wish. Anything associated with the shape of the Christian cross was thought to be good luck.
- Horseshoe- A horseshoe has seven holes, which is considered to be a lucky number, and is made of iron, so it can supposedly ward off evil spirits that may haunt you in your dreams.
- Friday The 13th- If you’re not scared of Friday the 13th, you should be scared of the word used to describe those who are: friggatriskaidekaphobics. According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in North Carolina, about 17 million people fear Friday the 13th.