Follow by Email
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
Monthly Archives: April 2015
For many, prom is a rite of passage. It marks the coming end to the school year, the onset of summer, and a unique opportunity to get all dolled-up and dance the night away. And for many females, prom has also become all about the dress! Should it be bright and bold? Or fun and flirty? How about soft and romantic? So many options, and so little time! Fortunately, Rent the Runway is here to help!
Rent The Runway has dresses by every designer you can image, in every color, shape, size, and style. One special collection fit for prom is their new Luxe Edit. Pretty colors, soft folds, and dreamy sillhouettes will make you feel like dancing the night away. And if you’re leaning more toward’s a dress that makes a statement, you’ll love the bold patterns, colorful graphics, and eye-catching designs that will have heads turning your way. Whatever style you choose (and there’s plenty to choose from!), Rent the Runway’s unique, affordably-priced, designer dresses will help make prom a night to remember!
If you’re a new customer, be sure to use you use code 25OFFNEW at checkout because you’ll get $25 off your first order of $75+!
The Luxe Edit Collection: Alluring. Eye-Catching. Breathtakingly Beautiful
Bold. Sleek. Modern. Beautiful.
Thakoon Unveiled Gown
Reem Acra Grand Room Dress
Summer always reminds me of that song by Mungo Jerry, “In The Summertime…” except my version would be:
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather’s fine
You got jewelry, you got jewelry on your mind
Dee-dah-do dee-dah-do dah-do-dah
Summer is such a wonderful time with all the barbeques, pool parties, weddings … Of course, with all the fun events ahead, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got the perfect jewelry to enjoy it all in!
Check out the new collection of summer jewelry and accessories from Stella & Dot! Whether you feel like going bold and bright or delicate and layered this summer, Stella & Dot has plenty of options for you. From turquoise to tropicana, Stella & Dot’s summer styles will have you looking fresh and well-styled this summer.
I’m so excited to announce that I will be hosting a guest post from the wonderful Haley Young, founder of fit-workouts.com! Haley has been a huge help and coach for me as I continue my goal of eating healthier, being more active and more fit. Haley believes that everyone is different and is great at getting to know you and helping with your life fitness goals. She believes that fitness is one of the keys to a balanced and happy life. By practicing moderation in both diet and exercise Haley believes any women can achieve their goals, and I couldn’t agree more! Check out her recent post about on the go workouts and be sure to check out her blog for more great fitness advice!
Today she is sharing how to make better choices during vacation! With spring break right around the corner it’s easy to knock back a few cocktails by the pool without thinking about it, Hayley reminded that we can have our cocktail and be healthy! How great is that?
On-The-Go Workouts… And Healthy Choices!
While it may have taken a little longer than we would of liked, it does seem that Spring is finally here. That’s going to mean more travel to warm locales, the sun is up longer, so you may be going out in your city more often – basically everyone’s getting more active. And while you’re out being active, I want you staying FIT and healthy with workouts that won’t cramp your schedule, and with healthy meal choices that won’t cramp your style.
Remember, we’re enjoying life – but still making healthy choices!
Vacation is just that: a vacation where you can relax and try new things. And that includes meals! A sweet dessert may be in order, but just don’t BLOW it all out. Some tricks that I use – while still enjoying the experience:
1) When I go to a restaurant, I love to experience the culture of the food, just know that you can “customize” your entrees! Substitute a healthy side, or ask for your dressing on the side and apply less liberally. Depending on the dish, you could also ask for “no sauce” on your main course. (Sauces are a major source of unnecessary calories and fats.)
You will save SO many calories, and you can still enjoy your meal. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want!
2) On the traveling side, try to get a quick workout in as the first thing in the morning. I find that this best fits the schedule of the vacation, because once you start your ‘relaxation’ for the day (and other social activities…), it’s just too easy to blow off the workout later in the day. Need an idea for a quick travel workout? I have a whole list of them here. Check them out.
Research shows that just 10 minutes of physical activity per day can increase your metabolism and burn fat. If you have 10 minutes or 30 minutes, get up and get moving – your body will benefit!
(A big piece of healthy living success is not allowing unhealthy activities to become habit. Once in awhile is fine, just don’t slip on that slippery slope!)
Get out and enjoy Spring. Travel with those you care about and have fun. But still be conscious of your health and the choices you make. Living a healthy lifestyle and having fun are NOT exclusive!
This month is a chaotic one in our house. I feel like I start out every month this way: maybe next month’s goal should be cool it with booking every day with something!
1. Work on my fundraising: I have officially registered for Avon’s 39 mile walk and I am so excited to not only train but also inspire and educate other women along the way! Have any of you guys done the walk?
2. Sleep 7 hours every night: I am currently averaging 5 or 6 and I’ll be honest it’s kicking my butt! Being well rested helps with every aspect of my life and I need to teach my body rest is not the enemy.
3. Declutter my space : I am in a nesting mode and I need to cool it. Not every surface needs to have a decoration and not every event needs 80 fun items that coordinate. I am hoping a simplified space will be better for cleaning and peace of mind.
What are some goals you have for the month?