I’m all about continuing to date Dino Boy through our engagement and our marriage. I think these simple dates help us reconnect as a couple and really enjoy the time we have together without any distractions. Here are a couple of date ideas we have scheduled for the summer.
1. Farmers market- I know I put this on basically every thing to do every month during the summer but I love this! We pick out a ton of different fruits and veggies and create a delicious and healthy dinner for our Saturday night. My favorite so far has been grilled peaches!
2. Sit on your porch, deck, front door….whatever is outside and peaceful and discuss the great parts of your day. No nagging, no mental to do list, just the two of you discussing the great things that are happening in your life.
3. Ice cream date. I can’t enjoy traditional ice cream because of a dairy allergy but I am able to find substitutes. It’s a fun throwback kind of date that helps cool off during the warm summer months.
4. Discover your hometown. You would be surprised how much you walk by every day. Find a new restaurant, a coffee shop or an antique shop. There are so many hidden gems in every town.
5. Road trips! If Dino Boy took curves a little slower (hint hint ♥) I could enjoy our road trips so much more but no matter what I always seem to giggle and reconnect with my favorite guy when we go on an adventure. Create a fun playlist you can sing along to, pack some yummy snacks and hit the road!
What are some dates you enjoy during the summer?
Blog posts you may like