This past week Pink On The Cheek nominated me for a Liebster Award, an award that is passed on to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules are that you need to post 11 facts about yourself and then answer 11 questions asked by the followers that nominated you. I love this idea, it’s already made me see that Pink On The Cheek and I are both twins!
So here are 11 facts about me:
1. I love hanging out with kids. My job consists of racing after kids and it puts a smile on my face every single day. I find Cheerios in my hair on a regular basis, sometimes need to drive in complete silence on the drive home and remind Dino Boy kids are very far in the distance but I wouldn’t change a single part of my career choice.
2. I have music A.D.D. It is completely impossible for me to listen to a song the whole way through
3. I’m the worst driver ever, and if we are going to be completely honest I’m a pretty bad backseat driver as well
4. When I’m stressed I decorate the house. HomeGoods is a necessary stop after a rough week
5. I always need to have fresh flowers in our house, Dino Boy brings home a bouquet every Wednesday night
6. Theme parties are the best kind of parties at our house
7. My middle name is Gannon, my grandmother’s maiden name
8. I love living in Northern California, I’ve moved more times than I can count on my hands but this is one of my favorite places to be!
9. I feel naked without some form of statement jewelry
10. I love a glass of whiskey on my Saturday nights
11. I never think I’m sick, Dino Boy needs to go over symptoms and fully convince me that I have some sort of illness. I try and negotiate and bargain my way out of it every time!
1. What was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now?
I always dreamed about being a wedding planner. Now that I’m in the full aspect of planning my own wedding I know I can’t handle that stress!
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started blogging partly because I was going through a quarter life crisis and partly because I knew I needed a creative outlet. It’s a wonderful community that I’m so glad to be a part of!
3. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Don’t worry about what other people think. Keep positive people around you and have confidence in yourself, those two things will make you succeed in anything you do!
4. If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
I would love to remember my full proposal day, a little more wine than I should have consumed hindered that!
5. What is the story behind your blog name?
It’s a lifestyle I think. I believe everyone should have the sunshine that keeps things positive and light. I think pearls are all about keeping things polished, going the extra mile to make someone feel at ease and just good ol’ southern hospitality.
6. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
No pets right now…..I want a bulldog so badly though.
7. If you had to choose between makeup and hair products (shampoo, etc. not included), which would you choose?
Makeup! I normally keep my hair low maintenance and I look like a haggard old woman without any mascara!
8. Top three favorite blogs/bloggers.
10. Where is the next place you would like to travel?
I would love to go to Greece and South Africa.
11. What did you like most about high school?
High school was a rough time for me, I went to most proms alone, I was just that weird fat kid. I’m glad that by my senior year I was learning to be a little more comfortable in my skin.
11 questions for my nominees
1. What is one TV show you feel was canceled before it should have been?
2. What is one quote that truly speaks to you?
3. What is your all time favorite guilty pleasure?
4. What was the worst date you have ever been on?
5. What is the song that will always lift your spirits?
6. What is something you have learned in the past week?
7. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
8. If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?
9. If you could change your first name would you? What would you change it to?
10. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
11. The best part of waking up is?
Here are my nominees: