Follow by Email
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
Monthly Archives: March 2014
Growing up baseball season was a magical time. My Dad has a serious obsession with the Red Sox and it rubbed off on all of us. While I don’t have Sox themed tattoos or work from home on day games I’ve always loved the game and enjoy watching it as much as possible.
When I met Dino Boy he warned me he was a huge fan but he didn’t live in an Mlb gift shop so I figured it was a minor obsession. Last year, my dad showed Dino Boy his gnome….yes my 59 year old father has a Red Sox themed gnome. He explained the process of the gnome.
When the Red Sox win the gnome gets to stay in it’s “home” When the Red Sox lose the home moves. When it’s a really bad game the gnome wears a hat to shield it’s eyes.
Dino Boy laughed it off but didn’t think anything of it. Then the Red Sox won and he began to think about it again.
This morning Dino Boy showed me what his desk currently looks like and it looks like someone is creating his own gnome superstition with the San Francisco Giants. Do you have any superstitions when it comes to sports?
Blog posts you may like
The second this weather starts to warm up I’m ready for a fun spring drink. Bourbon Street Lemonade is another lemonade cocktail that you can enjoy outside soaking up the sun with friends. This recipe serves ten and is sure to be a hit at parties!
In a large pitcher, combine one 12 ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate that has been thawed, one cup of bourbon and one half cup of fresh lemonade and one 2 liter of ginger ale. Add lemonade wedge garnishes and enjoy!
Blog posts you may like
Between a five am wake up call, working ten to fourteen hour days, wedding planning, events with friends and just those day to day things that take up so much time, my sleep has become something at the bottom of my daily to do list. I come home exhausted, complain to Dino Boy than somehow ramp up on fumes at ten pm only to be found at two am passed out on the couch with a law and order svu playing in the background. After many hissey fits, and full fledged threatens to drag me to bed, Dino boy suggested maybe I play Netflix on my iPad before bed to unwind. He suggested we always go to bed at the same time and suggested a plan to wean off of the TV shows for bed time. I thought this kid is so smart, who thinks of these things?! You know who thinks of these things? People writing books on how to sleep train children. Homeboy is sleep training a twenty five year old and I couldn’t be more grateful.
I will be honest I’m obsessed with Scandal, I’m super focused at ten. Ten thirty rolls around and I’m out. I lately have stopped even attempting the episode and look forward to date night with Dino boy. We have some bbq, some whiskey and some Kerry Washington. Thursdays are not the new Fridays, Fridays are the new lets pretend we can still remain current and hip even though we will soon need the early bird special.
This past week Pink On The Cheek nominated me for a Liebster Award, an award that is passed on to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules are that you need to post 11 facts about yourself and then answer 11 questions asked by the followers that nominated you. I love this idea, it’s already made me see that Pink On The Cheek and I are both twins!
So here are 11 facts about me:
1. I love hanging out with kids. My job consists of racing after kids and it puts a smile on my face every single day. I find Cheerios in my hair on a regular basis, sometimes need to drive in complete silence on the drive home and remind Dino Boy kids are very far in the distance but I wouldn’t change a single part of my career choice.
2. I have music A.D.D. It is completely impossible for me to listen to a song the whole way through
3. I’m the worst driver ever, and if we are going to be completely honest I’m a pretty bad backseat driver as well
4. When I’m stressed I decorate the house. HomeGoods is a necessary stop after a rough week
5. I always need to have fresh flowers in our house, Dino Boy brings home a bouquet every Wednesday night
6. Theme parties are the best kind of parties at our house
7. My middle name is Gannon, my grandmother’s maiden name
8. I love living in Northern California, I’ve moved more times than I can count on my hands but this is one of my favorite places to be!
9. I feel naked without some form of statement jewelry
10. I love a glass of whiskey on my Saturday nights
11. I never think I’m sick, Dino Boy needs to go over symptoms and fully convince me that I have some sort of illness. I try and negotiate and bargain my way out of it every time!
1. What was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now?
I always dreamed about being a wedding planner. Now that I’m in the full aspect of planning my own wedding I know I can’t handle that stress!
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started blogging partly because I was going through a quarter life crisis and partly because I knew I needed a creative outlet. It’s a wonderful community that I’m so glad to be a part of!
3. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Don’t worry about what other people think. Keep positive people around you and have confidence in yourself, those two things will make you succeed in anything you do!
4. If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
I would love to remember my full proposal day, a little more wine than I should have consumed hindered that!
5. What is the story behind your blog name?
It’s a lifestyle I think. I believe everyone should have the sunshine that keeps things positive and light. I think pearls are all about keeping things polished, going the extra mile to make someone feel at ease and just good ol’ southern hospitality.
6. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
No pets right now…..I want a bulldog so badly though.
7. If you had to choose between makeup and hair products (shampoo, etc. not included), which would you choose?
Makeup! I normally keep my hair low maintenance and I look like a haggard old woman without any mascara!
8. Top three favorite blogs/bloggers.
10. Where is the next place you would like to travel?
I would love to go to Greece and South Africa.
11. What did you like most about high school?
High school was a rough time for me, I went to most proms alone, I was just that weird fat kid. I’m glad that by my senior year I was learning to be a little more comfortable in my skin.
11 questions for my nominees
1. What is one TV show you feel was canceled before it should have been?
2. What is one quote that truly speaks to you?
3. What is your all time favorite guilty pleasure?
4. What was the worst date you have ever been on?
5. What is the song that will always lift your spirits?
6. What is something you have learned in the past week?
7. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
8. If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?
9. If you could change your first name would you? What would you change it to?
10. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
11. The best part of waking up is?
Here are my nominees:
Last week I told you all about our lemonade stand and the signature drink that will be served on the lemonade stand. To tie them both together we will have our wedding favors on the stand as well! How cute are these honey jars! What was your wedding favor?
Blog posts you may like
Who says you need to have a cocktail party to throw on a cocktail ring every once in awhile?! I have been loving adding fun and big rings to my every day accessories and am a true believer that fun rings can add some excitement to any outfit. Here are some of my favorites right now!
Forever 21 has a ton that are incredibly cheap. Who says you need to spend a lot to make a big statement?
Kate Spade will always be on the money for me when it comes to jewelery. This is the perfect summer dress cocktail ring!
Kendra Scott always makes me feel like a mermaid, this is the perfect little accent to so many bright colors you will be wearing this season.
Stella and Dot have a fun stacked ring that is all kinds of fun! I’m loving the different colors and the versatility of this!